COVID-19 Protocols & Policies
Sunday Aug. 9, 2020
Created: Aug. 7, 2020
update: This document will be updated as needed to be compliant with any AHS guideline updates.
Salutations Drama Queens, Kings and Royal Families,
In these uncertain times, there is one thing that we are certain of and that is the importance of safety for all. As we all adapt to the new reality, we are hoping this document can help guide everyone who participates in Theatre activities with Theatre A Go-Go; to understand how we can mitigate the risk of transmission and ensure that our relaunch is sustainable.
This document has been developed in conjunction with the guidelines as provided by Alberta Health Services (AHS) for the COVID-19 Relaunch Strategy and Morpheus Rehearsal Centre’s Reopening Plan.
STUDENT AND FAMILY EXPECTATIONS:
- Families are expected to familiarize themselves with all published protocols and policies prior to entering the facility. Parents must also read the Welcome email that will be sent out prior to the commencement of the Camp/Classes.
- Parents/Guardians will be asked to check the temperature of their children daily before arriving at camp. If your child’s temperature is 38C or above please do not have them attend camp and advise Theatre A Go-Go immediately.
- Any student with symptoms of COVID-19; with a history of international travel in the last 14 days; or with close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the past 14 days must remain at home and inform Theatre A Go-Go, ASAP.
- Students are required to bring a mask and wear their mask in common areas. Common areas include lobbies, stairways, hallways and washrooms. Masks will also be worn when inactive in the Studio but not during physical activity, as this is not recommended by AHS.
- Physical distancing of 2 meters is to be maintained at all times and will be indicated by using markers.
- Students must arrive having done bathroom duties, dressed as mentioned in Welcome Letter, and be ready to participate at scheduled time.
- One Parent/Guardian only is asked to drop their child off no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of Camp/Class (for Camps, no earlier than 15 minutes before Pre Care). Parents are also asked to pick their child promptly at the end of the Camp/Class (for Camps when Post Care finishes). If a Staff member is not waiting outside, you will receive a phone number in oreder to contact Staff.
- Drop off and pick up will take place outside the front door of the community Centre where students can be signed in and out.
- Daily, upon arrival, Parents/Guardians will be asked to reply to the questions, on behalf of their child, from the daily health questionnaire. View Health Questionnaire here
- Students will then have their temperature taken by Theatre A Go-Go staff before entering the building. Any student exhibiting any symptoms may not enter the facility or participate.
- Any Student who becomes symptomatic during an activity will be required to be isolated from others and their parents/guardians will be notified immediately to come and pick up child.
- Students will be monitored to ensure proper hand hygiene is practiced by washing or sanitizing hands before entering and exiting the studio; after using the washrooms and before returning; and after touching any high contact areas.
- Students must be able to exhibit proper respiratory hygiene (sneeze or cough into elbow or tissue and disposing properly of tissue).
- There will be no sharing of items between participants. This includes pens, props, food, chairs, etc.
- A Parent/Guardian is required to sign and return via email: this Document, and the Photo/Video Release form, which will be sent under separate letter) prior to the commencement of the Camp/Classes, to ensure participation.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THEATRE A GO-GO:
- To comply with COVID-19 General Relaunch Guidance and any other applicable Alberta Health Guidance.
- To minimize the risk of transmission by practicing high levels of sanitation, personal hygiene and respiratory etiquette. A cleaning log will be posted in each Studio utilized to track cleaning.
- Staff will provide education on self-monitoring symptoms and will review once a day. If anyone develops symptoms while at the Camp/Classes, staff will provide procedures for rapid response by isolating the individual. Staff will then notify a Parent/Guardian to pick up their child immediately. The Lounge (next to the Studios) will be utilized as the isolation space. Following the isolation, Staff will ensure that all high contact areas are cleaned. This includes door handles, light switches, faucets, taps, tables and chairs.
- To support health contact tracing efforts, we ask you to sign a Contact Tracing Consent form, on the first day of Camp/Classes. Staff will keep daily records, on the Attendance Form, of anyone entering the Camp/Classes and staying for fifteen minutes or longer. Any personal information collected will not be utilized for any other purpose. These records will be retained for a minimum of 2 weeks after completion of the Camp/Classes and then destroyed.
- All Instructors will also be subject to the COVID19 self-screening tool prior to the commencement of each Camp/Classes and will supply their own masks. These masks will be worn when the two metre distancing is not possible and in common areas.
- If any portion of the Camp/Class activities can take place outside, we may use the park space around the building and will adhere to physical distancing with markers.
- Should increased absenteeism due to illness or any isolation occur, we may have to cancel the Camp/Class. If this occurs, registrants will receive a partial pro-rated refund.
- Celebration of Learning – Under usual circumstances, on the last day of Camp/Classes we do a sharing Performance for friends and family. The sector Guidance for Live Music, dance and Theatre mandated by Alberta Government states that theatrical Performances by children are discouraged at this time, unless it is possible to maintain the required physical distancing. And since the Protocol mandated by Morpheus Rehearsal Centre states that the maximum capacity of the Studio is 15 people; we will not be allowed to invite an audience to the Theatre Production. However, we will do our Performance without an audience and a Videographer willcapture the Performance. Videos will be made available at a minimal cost.
Common Area Protocols:
- All visitors to the centre are expected to maintain a distance of two metres (2m) from one another in common areas and wear masks. Common areas include lobbies, stairways, hallways, Lounge and washrooms.
- The Rehearsal Centre door (at the bottom of the stairs) will be kept locked to avoid individuals coming into the building unannounced.
- Cleaning will be increased and enhanced. High contact areas will be disinfected regularly throughout the day.
- Way-finding signage will be posted to mark exits and entrances to streamline the flow of traffic.
- Washrooms will be monitored for physical distancing and high contact areas will be sanitized after each use.
- Hand sanitizer and facial tissue will be widely available throughout the facility.
- High contact areas in Studios will be disinfected prior to student arrival, throughout the day and after student departure each day of Camp/Class.
- Camp/Class capacity is reduced to allow for two metre distancing between each participant.
- If there is more than one Camp/Class group, each group will have an assigned Studio, Instructor, entrance, exit, and washroom to ensure each group stays separate from the other. Where shared outdoor space is used, each group will maintain a distance of 10 metres from the other.
- Upon arrival to Studio, students will place their labelled personal belongings in a space labelled for their cohort. The space will have the cohort’s last name on it. Then students will go directly to the chair with their name on.
- Physical distancing markers will be placed in Studios to assist with adequate distancing.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM MORPHEUS REHEARSAL CENTRE:
- We have hired a professional cleaning company to clean the space twice a week. The cleaning includes washrooms, studios, boardroom, and high contact areas.
- We will provide hand sanitizer and hand washing supplies.
- We will have additional signage located throughout the facility.
- We have reduced the capacity of all studios to a maximum of 15 people.
We hope these Protocols and Policies will be temporary. As public health guidance and laws continue to change, we may be required to make changes to our operations. Thank you for your understanding and compliance in these times. We appreciate your support as we move forward.
Theatre A Go-Go is thrilled to be able to present these Drama camps and Classes in person with participants and excited to see you all!